Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm at Wimbledon 2011 - New Balls Please!

So I'm in sunny Wimbledon, SW19, London - having flown over to watch the Federer vs Tsonga match yesterday. I had a quick stop off at a Putney dentist clinic to sort out a filling which came loose on the plane. I don't really do tennis very often - I'm a rugby man at heart (waiting for the rugby world cup and Champions league odds to go live so that I can bet the farm on the All-Blacks!)

Anyway, Wimbledon. Where to start? We were treated to a thrilling centre court game, and a bit of an upset with Frenchman Tsonga's killer serve eliminating world #3 Roger Federer from the 2011 Wimbledon Championship - after Federer had a 2 set lead. Unlikely result with the final score favouring Tsonga - 3-6, 6-7 (3-7), 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 (stay current with all scores at Wimbledon on tennis-results.org)
Wimbledon Final Betting

I'm betting on the wimbledon men's final as I do every year - this time I think it's gotta be Tsonga or Nadal (probably the latter - but he's had a foot injury - so anything can happen).

Aside from the tennis itself - I've yet to see one of these legendary Wimbledon streakers. If nobody does it by the final I guess I'll have to pay £3000 for a ticket and do it myself! Stay tuned - you may see me streaking on centre court in 3D! New balls please! Not bingo balls either! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment